6.28.2010

Summer Distractions

Over the past couple of weeks, nearly everything that came my way, I would think **blog post!!** and then for some reason it would never materialize into what I wanted it to be.  For some reason, I could not physically bring myself to sit in front of my computer and write.  But today is a new day and this post, a new post. 


Some of you may be wondering what in the world I have been filling my time with since I have absolutely NOT been at my computer.  Well here is a little catch-up--


1) Went to the beach for a solid week.  As soon as I got there, I waddled myself right down to the beautiful sandy white beach (that only those who have ever experience Gulf of Mexico beaches can truly comprehend - and now it's ruined but I've bummed out enough people about that recently) and I plopped my little safe right down....and literally hardly moved--only to eat and flip over. 


On the very first day, I managed to scorch myself. I suppose I didnt truly understand that having a job would so drastically affect my tan.  Usually at this point I have some kind of base...not this go-round. As you can see in the picture below my flesh looks like it is on fire. 




Yes it was painful. Yes it was stupid. Yes it happened in a matter of 2 hours while I was waiting for Bo and Dad to bring back my coveted, ever-so-snobby, "No Oil" Coppertone SPF 15. Yes I was STILL peeling 3 weeks later. Ok, enough of that.


2) Continuing to decorate the apartment...and last week I made an exciting purchase! Anyone who has been within a 5 mile radius of me as of later knows about this.  My white chargers!!!!! They are from Pier One and I'm obsessed! Voila..pictures....






3) Courtney and I made our maiden voyage to Pepper Place! We are now planning to try and go every Saturday morning however I'm pretty sure that I am going to melt from the heat. But it's worth it.


4) Amy came to visit and we saw ZAC BROWN BAND! They were well worth the $20 tickets (amphitheater tickets compliments of ticketmaster.com), and I would recommend that if they come near you anytime soon, to please go and see them live.


5)Chopped off my hair!  Yippee!


I know it was a weak post but that should bring you up to speed.  I'm hosting supper club so that should be an interesting post if you know anything about me and my domestic capabilities. The temptations of summer make it very difficult to write on a regular basis but I will do my best.  See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. 1- love the chargers- those are so you!
    2- what i would GIVE to be a fly on the wall (umm or a GUEST) at the prep for as well as the actual supper club! :) (of course it will be a huge success, i just think the process might be fun, haha)
    3- can i please see a pic of the hair chop?! :)

    aot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you for the chopped hair! You know how I love the bob. :)

    ReplyDelete